Thursday, January 12, 2012

What is it?

Can you guess what this is? 

Here's a hint: It's in my fiber studio. I'll let you think about it for a minute. Yesterday was a busy one. While the husband took our youngest to see the latest installment of 'Sherlock Holmes', I stayed home to catch up on some chores. It's amazing how quickly the dishes pile up, even though there are only 2 people to cook for. And then there's the laundry. There is a lot less of it, now that the kids have moved out on their own. We had a little bit of sun so I hung my shirts out in the yard. That apple tree gets a lot of use as a drying rack.


Of course the shirts didn't get completely dry but it was still nice to be out in the fresh air. I also had a large amount of beer bottles to clean. (I truly am the chief cook and bottle washer). The guest bath tub comes in handy for this task. I am very particular about the cleanliness of my bottles. I first soak them in bleach water, then wash them with PBW. Right before bottling they are disinfected in an Idophor bath.


There's no fabric to show off, today, but I did get a package containing the following items. These will be used in weaving.


I have been wanting a McMorran Yarn Balance for years but never found one in my local shops. I also bought a warping paddle and an OOP warping book from this same Craigslist seller. OK, are you ready to guess what that first picture was of? Did you guess "spinning wheel cozy"?


Singha says you are WRONG. It's a cat tent. And yes, it is very cozy.

No comments: