Thursday, January 19, 2012

Reggie's Quilt Top

I finished it this evening.

Earlier today I sat down with the monogrammer attachment and the instruction manual. It was really easy to use and less than 30 minutes later, after 2 test R's, I had the center heart square monogrammed.


It even looks nice and neat from the back.

That's a fun little gadget. I am resisting the urge to monogram everything in sight. If you have a Singer you can get those monogrammers on Ebay for $10 to $20. They're worth it for the entertainment value, alone. Once the initials were in place it was time to sew the blocks together and add the frame pieces. Not too shabby for my first attempt.  Singha wants me to hurry up so I can start his quilt.


The top turned out a little bit smaller than the back piece. I'll have to try harder to achieve a "scant" 1/4" seam.


It's turning out just like I envisioned. Planning a quilt is a lot of fun. Now to learn how to get the batting inside and machine quilt it. Time to make friends with the walking foot.

No comments: