Wednesday, May 19, 2010

No Poo?

So my fellow pipe club member, Heather, posted about this DIY shampoo & conditioner on Facebook and I had to give it a try. A full tablespoon of baking soda seemed like overkill, to me, so I opted for 2 tsp. I mixed it with a bowl full of warm water (in the shower) and dumped it on my head. Worked it in well, and rinsed. Then I put a glug of apple cider vinegar in the bowl and added warm water. Poured that over me head and rinsed with more warm water. I have read that there is an adjustment period, where my hair should be tangly and feel strange....but I didn't find that to be true. My hair combed out quite easily and felt nice all day. I'm sure my friends thought it odd that I kept telling them, "feel my hair". LOL. I am committed to giving this new way of hair care a fair shot. The true test will be how my scalp reacts. I have a very sensitive scalp, so if it starts acting up I'll have to revert to my Selsun Blue and Kirkland Conditioner. Time will tell, but so far, so good. I think I'll probably decrease the baking soda to 1 tsp. as I do not have oily hair anymore. I used to, but that changed when I started dyeing with henna.

No comments: