Monday, May 24, 2010

Loving Costco

We hadn't been members at Costco for quite a while. But my husband found out about the canned salmon they have there and that was reason enough to join. Its damn good salmon. Now that I am doing my own baking it is also a good cheap source of flour, yeast, etc..Here are the items I bought today: baking soda for cleaning, white vinegar for fabric softener, good bacon to divide up and freeze, unbleached all purpose flour (2 bags), a big box of organic raisins for cookies and bread, and a 2 lb. bag of yeast.


The prices on those sorts of things are MUCH cheaper at Costco than at my local grocery stores. For instance, I paid almost $8 for this 4 oz. jar of yeast at Safeway.


The 2lb. bag of yeast from Costco was less than $4. Go figure.

Once we got back from our Costco expedition it was time for me to get on the laundry. It's been raining for almost a week straight and today is the only dry day before it rains for another week. You gotta make hay when the sun shines, or, in my case, dry your clothes. It was a non-stop laundry marathon. Good thing my husband got me that second outdoor clothesline. You can see it in the foreground of this picture.


It has 3 sides, tripod legs for stability and it folds up for storage. Here it is, my tripod clothesline. We got it for $49.99 at Fred Meyers (aka Krogers).

No comments: