Friday, December 9, 2011

I Can See The Light...


...at the end of the tunnel. It's a tiny light, but it's there. I'm about 3/4 of the way through organizing my fiber studio. I can now see most of the carpet. I estimate a week (maybe two) and I'll be finished. No easy task after 12 years of neglect. I am not allowing myself to play with any of my toys (looms, spinning wheels or sewing machines) until this mess is sorted out. Today's task? Organizing my spinning fibers. I already had them stacked up in totes, but they were all jumbled together. Today I am sorting them by fiber type, putting like items into a bin together, and labeling the bin. I have 12 plastic totes FULL of spinning fiber. And 2 of those totes are the giant, over sized kind. This is not even counting all the fleeces out in my garage. I never EVER have to buy fiber again. In fact my husband should shoot me if I try. If I live to be a hundred years old I doubt I'll spin this up. I have been selling off some of my fiber tools as I've unearthed them. I had 4 sets of hand cards, 3 swifts, 4 ball winders, 5 small hand looms (I kept 2), many duplicate weaving magazines, bobbins from spinning wheels I no longer even own, way too many lazy kates...you get the idea. Selling off those extra items has financed my latest obsession, vintage sewing machines. Out with the old toys and in with the new.

No comments: