Friday, December 23, 2011

So This Is Christmas?

Things feel a bit "off". For the past 12 years I had been working retail at this time of year. Bombarded with non-stop Christmas music and too busy working to enjoy home or family. This year is the polar opposite. I think I've only heard 2 carol's this season. We now have an empty nest. Instead of decorating a huge tree, and our entire home, we've downsized to a teeny 2 ft tree and a few strategically placed decorative items around the house. I feel out of sync with the rest of the world. It doesn't help that the husbeast has to work this weekend, as do many of our offspring. Instead, we'll be celebrating our family Christmas on the 27th. That means I will be spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with 2 of my favorite fellows, Reggie and Singha. I'm sure they'll occupy most of those days napping, leaving me to entertain myself. It sounds like the perfect opportunity to warp up Perrito, the Wolf Pup. He's been feeling ignored. There is a fresh warp ready and waiting, draped over his back beam.


Merry Christmas to all of my friends and readers.
Wishing you all a very happy New Year!

No comments: