Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ooops! I Did It Again.

It really wasn't my fault. Honest. What can I do if looms just keep throwing themselves at me? I am too weak to resist. I had an ad up on the local Craigslist (one of my favorite things), seeking a used 8 harness Schacht Baby Wolf Loom. That ad had been up there for at least 2 months. Then one day, out of the blue, I receive an email telling me that someone has a 4 harness Baby for sale. I really wasn't looking for another 4 harness loom (I've already got 2) and told them it would have to be a smokin' good deal for me to be interested. Well, it was. So good, in fact, that I am now the proud owner of an older 4 harness Baby with a birth date of Feb, 17, 1989.


She came with a Schacht warping board, some lease sticks and a stick shuttle, as well as some yarns.



A brand new 4 harness Schacht Baby Wolf will set you back at least $1,400. I paid $350. See? Too good to pass up. And the seller actually delivered her to my door. Perhaps because he didn't want some fiber crazed maniac knowing where he lived? But still, much appreciated. Her only issues, that I can tell, are some light rusting on her harness frames (from being stored in a garage) and she's missing the pin to lock the beater into place for warping. Not huge issues. I think she and I will have lots of fun together.

As if that wasn't enough excitement for the day, I also turned this unwanted bag of yarn....


...into all this thread (and bobbin boxes), via bartering.

And this yarn...

...into this lovely batik print fabric.

All in all a wonderful, stash enhancing day!

No comments: