Thursday, December 22, 2011

Jo-Ann's Is A Dangerous Place

I recently headed to Jo-Ann Fabrics to look for some dog and cat themed printed fabrics. It has been over 10 years since I used a sewing machine and I want to start small. I plan to make little quilts for my pets. They both enjoy laying on blankets, afghans, sweaters....what ever is handy. I figure they will not complain if the seams on their blankies aren't perfectly straight. Everything I bought that day was on sale, and I still managed to leave over $50 there. That's scary. But I found some nice fabric for my boys.

For Reggie.

For Singha.

And a pattern to get me started.
Don't tell them mom is making them doll blankets.

I also found these in the remnants pile.
I especially like the vintage cherries.

I picked up some quilt batting as well. However I may card up some wool to use as batting in their quilts. I haven't made up my mind whether it's more important for them to be warm or washable.

No comments: