Friday, October 19, 2012

Well, I'm Still Alive.

I bought more fabric today and the husbeast didn't shoot me. In fact he chauffeured me over to JoAnn's and waiting patiently in the car while I shopped. I had a 50% off coupon and wanted to pick up a copy of the book, 'Successful Serging'. I had already purchased 'The Complete Serger Handbook' from Amazon when I  ordered the serger. Both of these books received rave reviews. I'm sure they'll be a huge help.


JoAnn's is having 60% off all their flannel so I had to make one last swing through that aisle. I'm enjoying sewing myself pajamas and can always use more.


I came home and promptly signed up for the online Craftsy.com course, 'Beginner Serging'. I am determined to master the serger. Speaking of the devil, here is my new Brother 1034D.


2 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Cute fabric - I know what you mean about hubby shooting you, I have taken to buying fabric in secret now, I have so much (but you always need more, right?)LOL.
Good luck with the serger.
Lynne

crazihippichic said...

At least you sew up your fabric rather quickly, Lynne. I am such a fussy butt, it is taking my forever and a day to finish this first pair of pajamas. You know your fabric stash is out of hand when you start eyeing the hall linen closet and thinking, "We really don't need that many towels and sheets." I may commandeer a couple of shelves for fabric. ;-)