Saturday, October 13, 2012

Jammies: Part Six (Sleeves & Hem)

   Yesterday I installed the sleeves and sewed the side seams. This morning I added the sleeve cuffs and hemmed the shirt bottom. I wanted to show you these pictures before I attempt the buttonholes. Just in case. I am really nervous about those. It's been a long, long time.



   Not too shabby for a first attempt. The sleeve caps are a little on the deep side so I may shorten those by an inch or so on the next version. I am also unhappy with the crooked print on the fronts. I knew going into the project that I wasn't going to bother trying to match the designs (although it didn't turn out too far off) but I should've checked the fronts to make sure the hem was going to be lined up with the print. Oh well, it's a pajama top. The sandman won't care. I did guess-timate the length correctly. The sleeve length is perfect. The free arm on the Bernina came in handy for sewing the cuffs.


Cute side vent detail.

   Now all that's left are the buttonholes and the buttons. I even found the perfect green buttons in my stash, left over from my knitting days. Pardon the glare from the flash. The button in the top right corner is the true color.


2 comments:

Dip-Dip and the Bridge said...

They are looking fantastic, I am so impressed!
Lynne

crazihippichic said...

Thanks, Lynne. I am pretty tickled with how they came out. Now to find the time to take that Craftsy course on fitting patterns. I'd love to make some nice fitting tops and dresses.