Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Jammies: Part Two

   This morning I finished tracing the pattern, just as the husbeast woke up. I then had to wait until 4 pm to proceed. That is of my own choosing. I am trying a new system. Usually I either work on the house all day or goof off all day. I am trying to balance things better. My current plan is to do my own thing until the hubby wakes, then take care of shopping, cooking and cleaning until 4 pm. After that I am free to do whatever I want until bedtime. So far it is working well. I get more accomplished if I have a schedule and some accountability. Today I roasted coffee and then made a batch of homemade spaghetti sauce which is in the crock pot now. The house smells heavenly. I have been waiting all summer to get enough tomatoes (10 cups, chopped). I finished those chores and cleaned up the kitchen and then it was time to begin cutting out the pajamas. This is a slow process. Why? Because of my "help".

I'm Reggie Willoughby & I approve this flannel.

As if having a little dog making a nest on 
your fabric isn't bothersome enough...


I soon had one on either end of the cutting board.

Even when I was finished and was clearing up, 
Reggie insisted that he didn't need much fabric. 
This little bit will do.

In spite of my helpers i did manage to get the pajama pants cut out. Now for the shirt.

2 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

I have a lot of 'help' like that with my 3 dogs so I cut my fabric on a table. Our cat passed away a couple of years ago but I am pretty sure he would be the first to approve any fabric if he was here!
Lynne x

crazihippichic said...

I wish I had a big enough table. Right now the floor is the best spot. I'm going to try and get the shirt cut out this morning, while everyone is sleeping.