Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Last Apple Sauce

At least for this season. I canned up the last 7 quarts, today. There are still about 30 apples remaining, but I will either make apple crisp, or pies, with those.


Doesn't Gladys, the new/old KitchenAid, look good on my counter? I downloaded the manual, today, and read how to properly remove the beaters and the bowl. The odd thing is, my beaters work exactly the opposite of how the manual describes. When it says to turn them left, to remove, and right, to attach....I have to do the reverse. Not sure if it's because my machine is older or if it's a typo in the manual? Anyway, I finally got up the nerve to plug Gladys in, and she works just fine. I think she and I will bake some bread, tomorrow, after work.

My garden is doing well. I let my pickling cucumbers get too big. I kept meaning to pick them, but would forget. By the time I got to them, this afternoon, they were huge. And the zucchini are coming fast and furious. I cooked one up for dinner, to have with my pork chop. This is my favorite way to cook zucchini. I cut it up and saute it with some garlic in olive oil. Then season with salt and pepper. It's so good!

No comments: