Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Retirement Potluck

Today was the last day for my son, Errol,
 and I, to work at Lamb's Ear Yarn.

We've been working together since 2004. I will miss spending so much time with him but am grateful that we have such a wonderful relationship. Many of my regular customers have also become my good friends. We share each other's ups and downs, like a family. They were a bit upset when they found out I was retiring. But you know what knitters like almost as much as yarn? Food! So we planned a potluck party for my last day. Just for my closest buddies.

There was plenty of good eats.

Coffee, tea, and some of my homemade Cranberry Chianti
(oh, and chocolate peanut butter cookies).

They were able to hang out, share fond memories, and nosh
....while I was busy at the register.

One of my friends, Jeannie, gave me
this adorable bee soap as a present.

I don't know if I'll be able to use it. It's too darn cute to mess up. Anyway, a lovely time was had by all. A perfect end to a fun career. Now on to new adventures!

No comments: