Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kayaking On The Duwamish


I finally did it. I went kayaking on a river. And it wasn't as scary as I feared. The Duwamish is a very slow moving river. The most difficult part was putting in. We were able to find an access, near a parking lot, that wasn't too bad. I forgot my camera but don't worry. You didn't miss much. It's not that picturesque. The above photo, from the linked web site, shows what the prettiest areas looked like. In other spots the river is flanked by Boeing plants and freeways. But the kayaking was free, the river was easy to paddle, and there were no other boats out on it, other than 2 that were moored outside their owners' homes. Yes, there are even some homes along the Duwamish. I think we were out there for a good 2 hours. A lovely way to start the day. After we finished we stopped by Starbucks for a Caramel Macchiato and smoked a Padron 2000. Then we stopped at Subway for some lunch because we'd both worked up an appetite.
Not much else happening around here, today. I'm taking it easy and trying to catch my breath after the week long sale at the yarn shop. You wouldn't think selling yarn could be so exhausting.

No comments: