Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Kenmore Model 1753

Yes, I know. I just acquired that model 1422. And it worked great. But then this Model 1753 appeared on Craigslist and I was smitten. It was too good to pass up. It has a lot of the same features as the 1422, like stretch stitches and feed dogs that lower, but it also has the ability to use design cams and a buttonhole maker. And it came with a chain stitch adapter. It isn't a fancy looking machine. It's rather plain and utilitarian. But it is solidly built (and really heavy). It was produced in 1969 and was top of the line at that time.



It came with the original owners manual...

...14 cams (there are a total of 30 available for this machine), the buttonholer, chainstitch attachment...

...about 30 bobbins and some needles and thread.

These are just some of the decorative stitches it can produce. And it is twin needle capable.

This is the cam hatch.

I suppose I'll have to part with one of my Singers that use cams. I better get that 328 cleaned up and ready to go. I keep telling my husband I'm practicing "catch and release" with the sewing machines...so I better actually release some. I have to love on them a bit first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trust me - you're not going to ever want to "release" this one. You made a great purchase! My mom bought one off of her friend for me back in the 80s or 90s and it's been my sewing machine all my adult life. I love it! Just wish more parts were still available.