Oh, I almost forgot. I had my husband build some dummy frames, to fill the odd gaps in my boxes. They are supposed to be 8 frame boxes but there is almost enough room for a 9th frame. This left an awkward gap on one side. Now there are nice dummy frames filling those gaps. Thanks, husbeast!
Once we got the hive reassembled we went over to look at the chickens. When I glanced back at the hive entrance I noticed the bees were already chucking the dead bee baby carcasses out the front door.
So sorry, bees, but you shouldn't have had them in that spot. After I took this photo I scooped the baby bodies into a container and gave them to the chickens. I didn't want to leave them on the front porch to attract ants. And the poor bees were having a tough time grabbing their chubby bodies and trying to toss them off the bottom board and onto the dirt. There really isn't a good place to grab onto the larva to lift them.
A huge thanks to my mentor, Kristine. She makes it all look so easy and I couldn't do it without her help.