Thursday, May 19, 2011

Getting Ready To Weave

Closing a business is just as much work as starting one. The first few weeks of the sale were very hectic. Things have slowed down now. We are at our usual slow pre-summer pace. We still have quite a bit of yarn left so it looks like I will be keeping the shop open for 3 or 4 more weeks. I am closing on June 21st, no matter what. We have switched over to our summer hours, Tuesday through Saturday, 11am until 4pm, which gives me a little more time to try to whip my home back into shape.

I haven't made any more progress on my studio. I did acquire another loom (photos to come in a later post). It is a Schacht Wolf Pup which I bought used for $250 (mine is the one on the left). It came with a 12 dpi reed. I have ordered 3 more reeds for it, 8, 10 & 15 dpi. I also ordered a Wolf Trap to hold my shuttles and such. It's a good thing I got such a deal on the loom because it's cost me an additional $200 for the reeds and trap. It's difficult to find those used. I ordered the above mentioned supplies from The Woolery, in Kentucky. They had all the items I needed, in stock, and offer free shipping. I love free shipping. Oh, I almost forgot, they also had a special on 8/2 bleached cotton so I added a cone of that to my order.

Speaking of yarn orders, I ordered up 10 cones of colorful 8/2 cotton from Georgia Yarn Company. Michael was running a special, through May 22nd. I bought 10 cones and got a free cone of natural colored 8/2 cotton. He was all out of white, which was why I ordered that through the Woolery. I want to have lots of colors to play with so I can weave dish towels.

And where am I going to store all these cones of yarn? I found this awesome yarn tree on Craigslist for $15. It will hold 32 cones. This is just what I need to help get my studio in order. Here is a picture of the yarn tree, in my living room, holding my current pitiful assortment of weaving yarns (which came free with my looms).

No comments: