Friday, May 20, 2011

Another Vintage Pendleton


Being an aspiring weaver and a lover of all things wool, I was intrigued to see this vintage Pendleton wool coat, offered on Craigslist, for a mere $7. The problem? It was way up north in Marysville, WA. I emailed the seller, anyway, and told them to let me know if they were ever passing through Tacoma. I forgot all about it until a couple of weeks later. I got an email letting me know their daughter was going to be participating in a sports tournament in University Place. Unfortunately this was right smack in the middle of my retirement sale, and there was no way I could leave the shop in order to drive over there. But the sellers were willing to deliver the coat to me, if I was willing to pay $10 for it. DONE! And it fits perfectly. The weather is too warm to wear it right now, but I'll wear the heck out of it next winter. It is in surprisingly good shape, for its age, and the fit and finish on the older Pendletons is superb.

No comments: