Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

I hope everyone's holidays were happy. Mine were very nice and very busy. I haven't had a chance to sit down to the computer and make a proper blog post. But I am hoping to get an opportunity this weekend. In the meantime I'd like to jot down some of my resolutions, or goals, for 2011.

1. Make enough beer and wine to not have to purchase any commercially.
2. Learn to make wine from my own fruit (and fruit that others have too much of).
3. Grow all my vegetables from heirloom seeds.
4. Save seeds from 2011 to use in 2012.
5. Grow potatoes using last years' crop as seed.
6. Make enough soap to not have to purchase any from the store.
7. Dry more herbs.
8. Learn to make some artisan breads.
9. Organize the garage.
10. Continue my quest to declutter the house.
11. Continue my moratorium on new clothes. Only purchase new undies. All else will be from either yard sales, thrift stores, or Craigslist.
12. Only use cash (or debit card) for purchases. I have not charged anything in nearly a year.
13. Start roasting my own coffee. (added 1-2-11)

That's all I can think of at this time. Have you thought about changes you'll make this year?

No comments: