Saturday, October 1, 2011

Agda Has Arrived

Wow. That was a busy day. It all went fairly smooth but I have to say I was not expecting to pay a total of over $140 to use a U-Haul truck for less than 4 hours. Especially when they advertise this truck for "only $19.95". Yes, you can open the door and sit in the truck for $19.95. If you want to actually travel somewhere it will cost you. And if you want to travel from Tacoma to Bellevue (and back), it will cost you a LOT. Over $125 and that did not include the almost $20 worth of gas we had to put in it. And why is it when you rent their truck "for the day" you actually only get it for 4 hours? That's an awfully short day. We had to rush like crazy in order to get it back on their lot before the 4 hour deadline.


And here she is, in all her glory. Solid oak, handcrafted in 1974. Now if we can just get her braking system figured out. If I were a smart girl I would've brought along my camera to take a picture of how it was set up, before it was disassembled. But I am just not that smart. We'll figure it out eventually. I've ordered a book that should help sort this loom out, The Big Book of Weaving. I should have it in a week or so. Meanwhile I will get busy with the Howard's Feed -N-Wax.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you! Agda looks so right in her new home. You were so speedy in assembling all the parts. I can't wait to see what beautiful things you will weave.