Saturday, July 23, 2011

Kombucha Krazy

After waiting patiently all week I finally got my reward. I bottled (and sampled) my first batch of booch.


I got 4 large bottles full plus the glass for me to drink. The flavors are as follows, starting from the left: plain black tea, black tea with fresh peach slices, black tea with strawberry rhubarb jam, and black tea with raspberry jam. What does kombucha taste like? Imagine apple cider, apple cider vinegar & ice tea all mixed together. Then add some fizz. It's pretty darn good. In a few days I can start sampling the flavored mixes. And on Monday I'll bottle my second batch which is brewed with green tea.

My new scoby from this batch.

I have scoby available if anyone in my local area is interested. I am scrupulously clean and careful when I brew so you can be assured of getting a quality scoby that was handled with care.

No comments: