Monday, May 21, 2012

Meet Ruby the 'Roo

We are a Subaru loving family. My husband is on his second. He had an old Legacy Wagon, for years and now drives a sporty WRX Hatchback. I used to have a nice 2004 Outback but unfortunately it lost it's life back in 2007. I had been driving a 1997 Jaguar since that time. As a retirement gift my husband wanted to get me another 'Roo. We looked at used Outbacks but they seem to hold their value here in the Pacific Northwest. They actually sell for more than their blue book value. We couldn't see paying a 20% premium on a used car and began to consider buying new. I don't need fancy. Just a good, dependable, safe car. We headed to the local Subaru dealer this past Saturday, fully expecting to buy a Forester. A red one. I wanted to love this vehicle. I really did. But I did not. We immediately test drove an Outback and the difference was like night and day. I was smitten. Here she is, Ruby the 'Roo, a 2012 Outback.


I haven't broken the news to Kitty Car that she's been replaced. Anyone want to buy a nice used Jag?


We picked Ruby up this morning. There were no red Outbacks available, locally, so we had to wait for them to go fetch her. I know she and I are going to have lots of fun together.


No comments: