I thought I'd be able to finish the dress today but the lining is taking longer than anticipated. This fabric is incredibly slippery and difficult to sew. Once the lining was sewn I needed to hem it. The pattern calls for a small 1/4" seam. However, given the incredible slickness of the fabric, I figured I would have better results if I sewed seam tape to the raw edge, turned it up and then sewed the hem. This is what I ended up with.
Next I had to sew the lining into the dress...
...and edge stitch the lining in place.
Tomorrow I will join the shoulders, tack the lining to the zipper opening and hem the dress. I can see the light at the end of the polka dot tunnel.