Sunday, April 24, 2011

When Hobbies Attack...

...things can get ugly. The only reason I am revealing this deep dark shame is because I am on a mission to get this all organized. For the past 12 years I have had far more ambition than time. Much of this has never really been unpacked since our move, 5 years ago. No, the rest of my house does not look like this. But you often hear me joke that I need to get my craft room under control before they feature me on 'Hoarders'. Did you think I was joking?


What's in here? It might be easier to ask what isn't in here. Let's see, there are 3 spinning wheels, a table loom, a rigid heddle loom (with a floor stand), a wool picker, a drum carder, 2 knitting machines, a warping board, a couple of ball winders, at least on swift, a couple of yarn blockers, a wool winder with yardage meter, a sewing machine, 2 rug hooking frames, boxes of spinning fiber, boxes of fabric, boxes of wool for rug hooking, a stereo, many crates of albums, drop spindles, knitting needles, weaving supplies (boat shuttles, bobbin winder, etc...). Oh, and my indoor clothesline. All things that I could never part with. And now I want to jam a couple of looms into the mix. Something has to give. So I will attempt to sort this all out and get it organized. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

NewlyAwakened said...

Wow, it's like looking into my craft room! LOL

luvewe said...

LOL!
It doesn't look nearly as bad as that right now. Give me another week and it'll be bee-u-tifuuul.