Saturday, June 16, 2012

Kenmore 1251


I just found this really nice older Kenmore free arm sewing machine. This is a 158.1251. Commonly known as a model 1251. It looks to be in incredibly good condition for its age. Here is a picture with the free arm exposed.


It even came with the carry case. Strangely it only included the zipper foot. No other feet or accessories.


Good thing I had grabbed this "bag o' feet" at a yard sale for $4. 


I am going to see if I can't get this machine cleaned, oiled and ready for adoption. It's rare to find an older Kenmore free arm, especially one in this condition. I can't wait to see what it can do. Might be hard to part with. I have to remind myself that my sewing machine storage space is limited. Catch and release. Get 'em in, give them a bath and an oil massage. Fine tune things. Then send them off to loving homes. That way I still get to play with them but they don't pile up so much.

No comments: