Monday, March 5, 2012

Taking An Online Quilting Course

I recently found this FREE online quilting course, The Craftsy Block Of The Month (BOM). I'm getting a late start but it won't take me long to catch up. Each month features 2 different blocks. Today I completed the first of January's blocks, the Asterisk Block.


I will be piecing this entire quilt using Betty, my 1915 White Rotary model 12 treadle sewing machine.

Look at her go!

This block is really easy. You use the rotary cutter to slice the block in half, then you sew in a white strip.
 Turn the block, slash, sew; repeat.
Soon your block is ready for trimming.

When it's all squared up it looks like the first photo, above. And here's the view from the back. Nice and tidy.

Can't wait to make another block tomorrow!

No comments: