Saturday, February 25, 2012

First Yard Sale Of 2012

...and man, it was cold. I usually don't hit yard sales in February but it was rumored to have sewing items. Plus it  was right on the way as I headed to Jo-Ann Fabrics to pick up some fabric for a quilt I'll be starting (more on this very soon).

Here is what $35 bought me at Jo-Ann's.
4 yards of white Kona cotton, 3 remnants,
a pattern and needles. 

And here is what $13 bought at the yard sale:
 12 yards of fabric.

A bunch of seam binding, bias tape, lace, rick rack, etc...

Misc. patterns.

And a bag of assorted presser feet, needles and parts.
(See that roach clip in the middle?)

Some free fabric and set of 3 baskets.

Not everything from the yard sale is to my taste (like the Barbie patterns) but they will come in handy for bartering. You gotta love yard sales! May favorite find of the day? This nifty old Dritz thimble. So comfy!

No comments: