Tuesday, September 13, 2011

You Call This A Harvest?

My garden is pitiful this year. This is over half my potato crop, and a third of my bell peppers. Tiny potatoes and a tiny pepper. But I grew 'em, and I ate 'em. They were good, too.


I am still holding out hope my tomatoes will ripen in time to be made into sauce. I'm ever the optimist. I like to hope for the best, while expecting the worst. Case in point, selling our commercial property. I had been holding out hope that someone would want to purchase it to keep a yarn shop in Tacoma. We did have 2 ladies show an interest but neither was able to follow through. I need to face the reality that it isn't going to happen and it's time to call in the professionals. We are going to meet with an agent, tomorrow, and possibly list with him. We aren't getting enough exposure trying to do this on our own. Why do I care if it's a yarn shop, or a beauty shop? It's not like I'm going to be in the same city. Probably not even the same county. I'm anxious to sell the building and go buy my homestead. Wish us luck!

No comments: