Thursday, September 29, 2011

Whole Lotta Hankies!

I am not a collector. I simply prefer the feel of cloth on my nose. Remember when you could find hankies at the Five and Dime stores for next to nothing? Now they are as scarce as hen's teeth. You can find them new, but who wants to pay over $20 per hankie? You can also find them on some vintage fabric sites for $10 and up.  I was happy to find one at an antique mall for $1.20. And I am always on the lookout for handkerchiefs at yard and estate sales. So you can imagine my joy when I hit the mother lode last Saturday. Over 60 lovely (most looked unused) handkerchiefs for........wait for it.........$5. SCORE! I will never need to buy another hankie again.

Floral Embroidery

Floral Prints

Misc. Prints

Holiday

Crochet and Tatted Trim

White and Ecru

Even one with bees.


2 comments:

NewlyAwakened said...

Wow oh wowowow that was a score! Beautiful too :)

crazihippichic said...

Thanks. I couldn't believe my good fortune. :-)