Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Shampoo Recommendation: EveryDay Shea

This is honestly the best shampoo I have ever used. It is EveryDay Shea Moisturizing Shampoo in Vanilla Mint. It also comes in a lavender scent and unscented. It is available, locally, at Marlene's Natural Foods Market & Deli. It cost me $11.99 for a 32 ounce pump bottle. But this stuff is really concentrated. You don't need much. The bottle should last a very long time. Especially if you're like me and only shampoo a couple of times per week.




Why am I so excited about this shampoo? My scalp is extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY) sensitive. Over the past couple of months I have tried numerous shampoo alternatives in order to get away from the chemical laden grocery store varieties. The other "organic" shampoos I've tried irritated my scalp and caused my hair to come out in fist fulls. My scalp felt like I'd washed it with battery acid and had big red sores. In frustration I turned to shampoo bars. Soap meant for hair. Another disaster. My hair was lank and dirty looking and the vinegar rinses, which are necessary when using shampoo bars, caused my hair to shed, big time. A dear friend knew of my troubles and brought me samples of EveryDay Shea. My expectations were low but I was incredibly pleased with the results. Not only is my hair squeaky clean and shiny, but my scalp is not itchy and full of flakes. My one caution would be, even though it claims to be "moisturizing", I think it would be too drying for every day use. But your mileage may very.

No comments: