Friday, February 4, 2011

Another Wine Started & Goodies In The Mail

I started another wine this morning. This one uses 1# of frozen raspberries from my garden. I am mixing them with some apple raspberry juice concentrate. Here are the berries steeping in boiling water. I placed the berries in a mesh bag, poured the boiling water over them, and mashed them really good with a ricer. Then I left them to cool.


Afterwards I placed them into the Mr. Wine along with the juice, crushed campden tablet, yeast nutrient, acid blend and pectic enzyme. I added enough water to make a gallon. Now I'll let it set for 24 hours before stirring it well and pitching the yeast.


This afternoon the mail lady brought me a few goodies. I got that cool wine rack I'd ordered through Amazon.com as well as this bee video from a local guy who runs a web site with an online bee forum, World of Beekeeping. He sells the video for $39.99 but had a special for the folks on the forum so I got it for $19.99. I learn better by "seeing" so can't wait to watch. Some things you just can't get from a book.


I also received this nice fabric that features a wine label print. I traded 1# of cotton spinning fiber for 5 yards of this fabric. I don't know what I'll make with it. Maybe some knitting needle cases?


Sorry I am not more talkative. My two youngest children are doing really stupid things and giving me fits. I feel more gray hairs coming on.

No comments: