Friday, September 10, 2010

Diggin' the Gnomes

I've been plugging away on my gnome socks. I am knitting these 2-at-a-time on one long circular needle. I also knit the cuffs "inside out" so the stranded color work would be looser. Needless to say, I had a few interesting moments. But it all worked out in the end. I am not fond of weaving in a bunch of yarn ends, so the gnomes will only be on the cuffs of the socks. The rest will be plain ol' boring gray.


Here is a close-up of the little darlings.


I hope to knit a yoke sweater, to match. Will keep you posted. I am still adjusting to my schedule change. By the time I get home at night, and cook something for dinner, it's already bed-time. That's the drawback to cooking from scratch. It takes a lot of time. Here is the quiche I prepared last night. Fresh eggs from my girls, and chard from the garden.

No comments: