And here are the pieces all cut out and ready to sew. I adore this flannel print. It's a camping theme with little camper trailers. So cute!
Monday, February 11, 2013
I am itching to begin a new sewing project for ME...but first I need to sew up the 3 Christmas gifts I owe. They won't take long. Just 3 fleece hoodies and a pair of PJ bottoms. Still, I am dragging my feet. Today I decided to get started on Errol's PJ's since they will be the more difficult (and interesting) of the 3 projects. He doesn't know it but his PJ bottoms will be an experiment. I want to see if I can accurately shorten both the crotch and leg lengths. That was my main unhappiness with this pattern when I made a pair for myself. I took Errol's measurements to determine what size to sew for him. Extra Small which was no surprise. He is a little guy. I also took his inseam measurement (28") and am using that to adjust the leg length. Once I altered the tissue pattern I transferred the correct size markings over to my parchment paper. You can see below that the paper wasn't quite wide enough and I had to splice a bit onto the crotch corner (lower right).