Saturday, November 19, 2011

My New Old Singer


I love old cars. And old sewing machines. They are both lovely to look at. But sewing machines cost less, are easier to repair and maintain, don't eat gas or require insurance and take up less room. Which is probably why my husband didn't complain when I told him I wanted a vintage sewing machine. Something reliable and sturdy with a metal head and gears. I began researching the more sought after brands and models. The Singer 328 wasn't listed among them. But when I was offered this machine, for FREE, suddenly the Singer 328 looked pretty darned attractive. I agreed to give it a home, sight unseen. I didn't want to look a gift machine "in the mouth". Today was the day. We drove to Auburn to pick it up and I was pleasantly surprised. This sewing machine is in much better shape than I expected. It came with the cabinet, manuals and attachments. Woot! I need to give her a thorough cleaning and oiling. Then we'll see how she runs.



1 comment:

wdn th said...

i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
(u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)