Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm Still Here...And it's Snowing.

Pardon my silence. I've been fighting a nasty cold and had just enough energy to get through my workday. But I'm feeling better. There hasn't been a whole lot going on this week. The beer is still fermenting, as is the closet wine. I did send the husband on a shopping trip to the brew shop, Beer Essentials, and had him pick up some more gold beer bottle caps, some wine yeasts, a carboy handle, 4-one gallon jugs, and 4 bubbler airlocks. I've saved up enough for my wine starter kit. I just have to decide which one I want. In the meantime I found a lady over in Gig Harbor who's boyfriend is a wine rep. She hooked me up with approx. 40 wine bottles and they are getting a bubble bath as I type.


I found her via Freecycle. I love Freecycle. And Craigslist (as you already know). Here are this week's Craigslist bargains: A vintage Pendleton wool/cashmere pea coat, in new condition, for $40 (and the seller delivered it to me at work).


And this Worm Factory worm bin, for $45 (delivered to my front door). This bin is selling for $109 on Amazon.com.


My worm colony is bursting at the seams. The worms have been multiplying like crazy this summer. I already have one stacking worm bin but it's time to start a new high rise. Last , but not least...it's snowing here in Tacoma, WA. That's right, SNOW!


It's not slowing down the chickens, though. They are good ol' PacNW hens. All 3 of them laid an egg today.

No comments: