Friday, January 18, 2013

Back In Business

It has taken me a while to get back to work on my dress. I was unable to find silk organza locally and it is rather crucial to this project. I ordered some from Dharma Trading Company, online. It arrived yesterday and I am now able to proceed. Tonight I cut and marked my organza pieces. Tomorrow I'll be cutting the fashion fabric. Then there will be lots and lots of hand basting to do.

The muslin pinned to the organza underlining.

Transferring seam lines and markings to the organza.

3 comments:

ladyoftheloom said...

I am so glad that you are posting about this class. I signed up and have not done it yet. Interested to see how the process goes!

Dharma has such fun things!

crazihippichic said...

I encourage you to jump in. This is some of the best money I ever spent. An incredible amount of information. I feel like my sewing skills are taking a giant leap. My dress may not be perfect when finished but it will be so much better than if I just did my usual "cut and sew".

crazihippichic said...

I need to save up and buy a bolt of that organza. JoAnn Fabrics really should consider stocking some good basics for garment sewing. Silk organza is a "must have" if Dharma can sell wide width silk organza for under $7 per yard, why can't JoAnn's?
I'd love to keep my money local but there isn't much here that's quality. The more I learn, the more of a fabric snob I'm becoming.