Friday, October 8, 2010

100% Momma Made Dinner

Friday nights are when my son, Errol, and I get together for dinner and some TV. I like to make sure he gets at least one home cooked meal a week. And he definitely appreciates his momma's cooking. I decided to surprise him with this 100% momma made meal, meaning it was all made from scratch and some of it even came from my garden.


I made the pasta this morning. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. This is my second attempt at spaghetti. There is definitely a bit of a learning curve.


The bread was baked this past Monday. The sauce was made a few days ago with tomatoes and herbs from this year's garden. Most was frozen for future use but I had set this aside.


I defrosted some of the beef I'd ground, to add to the sauce. The beef is so lean that I had to add oil in order to fry it up. Look, no added water like when you buy it from Safeway. You end up with a pan full of beef floating in hot water. Yuck. This is all beef.


The green beans were actually from 2009's garden bounty. I still have some in the freezer. Better eat them up. I didn't grow any beans this year.