Friday, September 6, 2013

Visit To GFJoe's

This is my honest review of GF Joe's which is a Gluten Free Market in Tacoma, WA.

"From the outside it looks huge, which adds to the shock when you actually enter the store. I agree with others that the ambience of the store is too sparse and quiet. It feels as though they have too large a space for their actual needs. There is what appears to be a deli area but it is empty. I asked how long they'd been open (thinking it must have been a very short period of time) and was surprised to hear it has been an entire year.

There is a good variety of GF foods offered but prices are high.

One of the things I miss most about being GF is beer. Finding Omission beer was well worth the visit. $2 per bottle and delicious. Udi's  bread was also worth the visit.

Things that I would like to see:
Deli/bakery area, more bulk offerings.

I will continue to shop here for things like bread, beer, pasta."


Here are my purchases:
Omission IPA $1.99
Van's crackers $3.99
Udi's bread $5.89 (for 13 slices)
Veggie bouillon $3.19
Quinoa pasta $1.32 (it's $6.29per lb.)
tax $.57 (not sure why I was charged tax on the crackers????)
 
TOTAL: $16.95


I don't eat a lot of bread but I do like a piece of toast with my morning egg. The Udi's was very much like traditional bread. Here it is shown toasted, with butter and honey.


My favorite find was the Omission IPA. I savored it. Yummy! If only my husband, the brewmaster, could figure a way to brew GF beer.



I'm sure I will be a regular customer at GF Joe's although I am a little concerned that Tacoma may not have a large enough GF community to keep them afloat. If you are GF and in the area, please pay them a visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. I wanted to read some of the older posts but all of the pictures are replaced with an exclamation point in a triangle. ??? Is there away to see your older photos?

crazihippichic said...

I apologize for the missing photos. It's a long story but basically I accidentally deleted them due to my incredible lack of computer savvy. Many of them were still stored on my computer but I never found the time to get them back up on Blogger. There were so many and the task was daunting. Now that old computer is toast and the photos are probably gone for good. It's a shame. I had many photos of lovely vintage machines.