Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Bear For Reggie

I have properly christened Betty. Her first project? A new toy for Reggie. He has already killed the little pig he received at Christmas. He's bitten the leg open releasing the nasty polyester stuffing. I'm always afraid he'll eat it, and choke, or else get some awful blockage. Once the toys start leaking stuffing they get tossed. That pig didn't even last 2 months. Today I got the idea to make Reggie some sturdier toys. I'll make them out of biodegradable materials; recycled denim, cotton thread, and wool for stuffing. This little bear took only minutes to make. And Reggie loves it as much as those expensive pet shop toys.


In fact I had a heck of a time trying to snap a picture. He kept shaking it and running up and down the big pillow at the end of the couch. He likes to stand on the top of the pillow. It makes him feel tall.


Finally he got tired and set the bear down. It's nice to sew for someone who's so appreciative of my efforts. Once the bear reaches the end of its life it can be tossed onto the compost pile instead of into the landfill.

No comments: